Tuesday, June 5, 2012

as promised...


Now glory be to God, who by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of -- infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes. Ephesians 3:20 

I have recently been told that I lack the sort of blogging frequency some of my readers would appreciate. For this I am terribly sorry, my life has just recently picked up pace and it has become harder and harder to make time to reveal myself to you all. Have no fear, however, I am not planning to give up! I have decided to set aside time after work and working out to write.
 Be excited, I know I am : )

As promised, I will give you a 
play-by-play of gym guy and I’s first official date! 
...in list form!
  • He picks me up at 7pm
  • He insists on meeting and shaking my dad’s hand 
  • (no, wait it gets better!)…
  • I notice he looks really good in normal non-gym clothing
  • He opens the car door for me while telling me that I look beautiful
  • I think…
; P
  •           In the car, he makes an effort to tell me how glad he is that we are going out
  •      He takes my hand, smiles, and kisses it…done like a true gentleman
         At this point I am beyond impressed.
  •     At Fuji (restaurant)- we have shrimp and chicken all grilled in front of us on a Habachi grill
  •     He makes me laugh, A LOT
  •       He listens to me jabber about my love of Wicked, the musical, after I see a woman sitting across the grill has a Wicked hat on
  •     He laughs at my attempt to be witty
  •    We leave the restaurant laughing about his two–in-a-row attempt at pushing open a door marked clearly PULL
  •      We head to the mall to kill time before meeting his brother for drinks later
  •    We walk into the mall chatting when he slows and whispers into my ear….
"Oh God, isn’t that your ex boyfriend?"
  •    My heart falls to my butt and sure enough, Christian is working the front counter at the movie theatre a few feet away, staring at us like this…

-back ground info: I have told gym guy about Christian. I felt it was only fair and I wanted to be completely honest.
  • He puts his hand on the small of my back, and asks me if I’ll be ok or if we should leave
-side note: I thought the first time I saw Christian while I was with another guy I’d feel guilty. Negative. I felt really comfortable next to him and I realized that I shouldn’t ever feel bad for moving on. Even this early, I wasn’t looking for gym guy, he found me. Even after the first date, I know there is something special about him and that God has placed him in my life for a reason.
  • I tell him that I am fine and happy to be with him
  • We hold hands and walk through the mall, talking and laughing
  • We leave and meet his brother at BDUBS for drinks
  • We head back to his place to watch Bridesmaids.
PAUSE!
Yes ladies, I found a man who thinks Bridesmaids is as funny as I do.
PLAY!
  • We cuddle on the couch and talk during the movie
  • He drives me home
  • He may or may not have given me a goodnight kiss…






No comments:

Post a Comment