Wednesday, June 13, 2012

sad news, good news, make you wanna jiggle news

From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety -Psalms 61:2

     These past few days at work have been rough. After watching a young girl of five show up repeatedly to daycare with hand-like bruising up and down her body, I am stunned by the ever-apparent evil in this world. The thought of striking a child sickens me to the very core and I think constantly about how different this child's life may be because of it. Though my coworkers and I are taking the necessary worldly steps to keep her safe, in my experience, one should never deny the power of prayer. And so, whether believers or not, if you are reading this I hope you can spare a prayer for a young girl who needs God's love right now.

*

     In other news, I am excited to share with you something that has been on my mind for quite sometime now. Though I stand a confident Christian woman now, there was definitely a time when I was far from receiving God. After a less than ideal experience in the Catholic church as a child, I left religion far behind me at a fairly young age. A curious, full-of-questions child from the start, I failed to see God's presence in my life. I denied him entirely, questioning his very existence. I detested religion for it's many worldly flaws and the way in which it has been used to spark wars, genocide, and create further division of the world's people. This was until I was drawn to Third City Christian Church to work at an after school program for elementary school kids as a sophomore in high school. I could never fully explain the utter salvation that has occurred within me since my start there. And now four years later my walk with Christ has come to a head, in which I am ready to take the next step in committing my life to God. I am getting baptized! 


*

cutesy side note: Kirby and I went on a walk the other day and I told him how I wanted to get baptized and felt I had come to a place in my life where I was truly ready to commit myself to God. After listening intently to all I had to tell him, he said this:
"Well, I think it's time we started going to church together then."




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you, Nicole! It's exciting to watch you grow into the woman God intended you to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much Jordan! That really does mean a lot : )

    ReplyDelete