Thursday, May 10, 2012
Hello, blogger world? It's me, Nicole...
It's been a while...quite a while. A lot has changed since my last post (what a year or two ago?!), but those changes have ultimately brought me back to the blogging world. A grander sense of self-worth you might say. But first things first, I won't ignore the elephant in the room, the elephant lurking in the majority of rooms I find myself in lately: Christian and I broke up. And while I realize it is pathetic to be spilling myself all over the net for you all to see (er, read?), I also refuse to ignore the natural human reaction to seek comfort in writing emotions down. It's the age old appeal of journaling right? To one day reflect on the person you previously were? So why not buy yourself a damn journal, you might be asking yourself. Because this hurts too damn much and happens too many times to women I love dearly (i.e. all of you) not to share my journey with you all. I will be clear however, this isn't a breakup blog. I'm not going to post sickening break up songs for you all to cry with me over (however, Kelly Clarkson's Cry, done perfectly by Leah Michele on last week's Glee, is a gem...ok only one, promise). I will simply be letting you in on my journey to righteousness. A life without a man, in my case, means spending more time getting closer to Christ- something I realize should have never been a struggle in the first place (revelation #1). Part of this comes with recognizing the faults of my previous relationship/s, so yes, there will be talk of Christian. He inhabited four years of my existence, I reserve the right to bring him up! But more so, this is about recognizing my own weaknesses, flaws, and needs as a Christian woman (I know, it's ironic, his name). This is about me. My life, my revelations, my journey. Join me. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment