Place me as a
seal upon your heart like a seal on
your arm; for love is as
strong as death, its ardor
endures to the grave. It burns with
blazing flame, a raging fire. Torrents of
rain cannot quench love; nor floods
sweep it away. -Song of Solomon 8:6-7
Well, hello friends! I am back from California!
Although you may be thinking:
I will let you in on what I am doing regardless. : )
After spending a wonderful two weeks in Cali with my favorite aunt and uncle, I found myself back in the 308 working 8-5 at a job that was slowly driving me mad. Although I adore children and extending God's love to kids who may not be receiving it at home, I realized early this summer that it was time to move on and take my talents, interests, and God's love elsewhere. By this, I mean it will be my last summer at the Connect summer program in Grand Island as I feel God is pushing me towards bigger and greater things.
In other news, Kirby and I are going strong. : )
So strong, in fact, that we are taking off this Tuesday to spend our last week together in Colorado, both visiting my cousin and attending Kirby's college roommate's wedding. I am excited to meet all the baseball boys Kirby has told me so much about. I can only hope they are as great as the friends I will introduce him to this fall! -(shout out to all my Chi Omega girls : )) Though it is sad our summer together is quickly coming to a close, I know an hour's drive, in a world of Skype and text messaging, is nothing to be hesitant of. We have created such an incredible relationship this summer, that I cannot wait to see what the future hold for us!
Also, RUSH week begins as soon as Kirb and I get back from Colorado, which means new baby owls for Chi O! Although, I will not be helping recruit the girls, as I will be a Rho Gam this year.
[emergency vocab lesson:]
Rho Gam (N.) -Recruitment Guide; a woman who is already a member of a sorority who will help girls going through the recruitment process by answering questions, and guiding them through the week's events. A Rho Gam will remain disaffiliated from her sorority during recruitment, enabling her to remain impartial. Every Rho Gam will be assigned to a group of about 15-25 potential sorority members to lead.
Wish me and my ladies good luck!
-N




No comments:
Post a Comment